A girl claims to see the Virgin Mary. People flock to her. She tells them to stare at the sun. They go blind.
What about the above series of events makes me so sick to the pit of my stomach.
I don't know the girl, or "her story" too well, but it doesn't matter. She's delusional. Seeing anything in the sun is well .. dodgy at best, and seeing the virgin mary???? Here, have some drugs.
Not that i don't believe in the paranormal, or the bible for that matter, but if you want to get biblical "By their fruits shall you know them" ... her fruits are blind people, who could see fine. There are those that state that anything of this nature are the works of demons, not angels. I tend to agree. Whatever you may think of God, He's usually consistent. Oh crap this irritates me.
I don't doubt she's a nice girl. I also believe she's probably very charismatic. This doesn't change the fact that she is a child, and adults should know better.
Her parents are probably just as simple. If one of my kids becomes "public" i certainly wouldn't stand aside and shrug. This kind of public frenzy cannot end well.
Francesca Zackey

No comments:
Post a Comment