Yesterday on the Think Bike forum i got pulled into an argument, and predictably said too much for my own good.
Imagine my surprise when someone responded as such:
You go, Abraxas
Your comments are always wise and most welcome!
Well imagine my surprise. I was stunned, humbled, vaguely confused, exhilerated and all sorts of other things besides. Rather pleased with myself to say the least.
But of course, things like this play on one's mind, and my little genius pointed to one of the many things i had said, such as this gem:
The only thing lower than sarcasm is the monkey who doesn't recognise it.
And in the most wonderful moment of clarity i have ever had, i realised that i in fact, was the monkey. I haven't laughed so hard for a long time, and the fact that it was only at myself made it sweeter.
Thursday, 21 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey - I thought what you had to say was great.
I also said more than i should have, and got my knickers in a twist when I should have just laughed, but I suppose it happens to us all.
Not that it matters, or counts, but I am still on your corner...
:)
Awww jee :)
kind words, thanks
i dunno, to be honest i think the time for laughing is passing us by.
i think quite a few things are dead enough to warrant a few tears, like common decency.
peace and love
Post a Comment