
Why do i keep coming back to the boere. Their ways and beliefs and customs?
I have 1/4 boer blood, the rest as english as the queen, but to be fair, i am a South African, born and bred. I have stayed on farms in the Karoo, and Drakensburg, and elsewhere, where the traditions remain the same as a century or two ago, and the honest simplicity is always slightly surprising.
And there is religion. Christianity. It IS in me, i am the son of preachers.
Having a love for history is part of it, but i can't shake the feeling that out greatest history lies before us. There is much that is not spoken of, nor acknowledged.

2 comments:
For Terri:
1 Corinthians 15:46 The spiritual does not come first, but the physical does, and then comes the spiritual.
just found this ... relates to what we discussed ... just munchies for thinkies ;-)
peace and love
Yay!
Thanks Braksie
I agree completely with what this appears to say. The material world is primary.
If you don't have a landbase, you have nothing.
Love Terri
Post a Comment