My right hand has written many poems that I compose and my left hand has not written any poems. None the less, my right hand doesn't think, left hand you are useless. My right hand doesn't have any superiority complex and because of this is very happy.My left hand doesn't have any inferiority complex. That being so, in my hands exist a type of wisdom otherwise known as non discriminatory wisdom. I remember one day I was hammering a nail and my right hand was not very steady and instead of hitting the nail I hit a finger. My right hand let go of the hammer to help the left hand. It did this very tenderly, as if it was looking after itself. However it did not say “ You know what left hand, me the right hand has looked after you and you must not forget that”. Not only that you have to return me the favour in the future. My hands don't think like that and my left hand does not think “ right hand you have hurt me, give me the hammer I want justice”. Because both hands are aware that they are united and the same.
Spoken by Thich Nhat Hahn
Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes, that was profound.
But wyrder was the fact that I was going to blog something about hands, and decided not to, just before you posted this.
Love,
T in J
Profound, yes. But so simple even i can grasp it ;-)
Hands ... wonderful things them ... someone should write a song in praise of our hands.
SO much better than singing about ex girlfriends *grin*
peace and love T
Post a Comment