You know what a Mandelbrot is? Discovered by Benoît Mandelbrot, it's a 2 dimensional representation of infinity, or close to. Looks somewhat like this:

You can zoom in and in and in ... and the pattern just gets more and more and more complex. Well now, that's a 2D version. Flat. This isn't:

A computer generated 3 dimensional graphic of what they call a Mandelbulb. It's ... wow.

Go look, there are so many different images to see, different aspects of the same thing. And as they point out, the whole thing is very baroque, always a favourite of mine.
Beautiful!!!

9 comments:
Universe is fractal, too.
Well, it'd be strange if it weren't, since it contains fractals.
Love,
T
Yes, the whole fractal thing has my head buzzing.
There's a very important piece of understanding we don't have.
And it utterly DECAMATES the current understanding of heirarchy.
peace and love
Further point ...
As above, so below ...
Until now has implied a duality.
But insert fractality, you get the ABOVE BEING AS BELOW, TO ABOVE THAT.
....
THAT is a very good point ...
As is similar to next to ...
i like this train of thought ...
When I found these I got the idea that they'd made some kind of incorrect assumption when converting to 3D, because it sort of reminded me of the interesting calculation errors you can make when drawing 3D objects in OpenGL or similar.
Wish I could get my head around the math.
You might want to check out Timewave Zero, which is fractal also, and the result of someone figuring out how to mathematically and visually represent the "end (of) time" we're experiencing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timewave_zero#Timewave_zero_and_the_I_Ching
http://www.fractal-timewave.com/
Dear Terence McKenna!
Love,
T
Yeah done the timewave thing.
it's half brilliant, half mad.
My (half forgotten) love of the iching helped too.
I haven't touched mine for months now ... maybe i should. I probably shouldn't LOL
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art tasty :D
What i DID think when saw that graphic, was ... the rotating universe, i forget the term ...
The 3 dimensional TORUS shape.
that's what it remind me of.
You turn my brain in new and different directions all the time. I actually kind of enjoy it. Thanks! I'd never heard of a Mandelbrot before. A Road Warrior like me would have thought it was some sort of sausage!
Bwahahahahaha
sausage indeed!!
Check out "fractal generator", do a google search for one, plenty of free programs.
Basically you create a fractal, the mandebrot is the basic, and play with different mathematical formulas, creating various "infinite" shapes.
It's a good way to explor the mysteries of the universe ;-)
peace
Post a Comment