March 16 2009 at 06:48AM
The South African Police Service (SAPS) has lost, had stolen or has otherwise misplaced 8 286 firearms - including pistols, shotguns, rifles and revolvers - over the past three years.
Of these, it has recovered less than 900, according to a written reply by the Safety and Security Ministry to a parliamentary question posed by the Democratic Alliance.
Up to the end of January in the current financial year - from April 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009 - the police force had 329 of its firearms stolen and it lost another 183.
The SAPS also cannot account during this period for the whereabouts of 1 995 weapons listed under the heading, "not yet classified".
From: IOL
____________________________________________________________________
Next time these guns get seen is going to be pointed at you, in your bed, late at night. Sleep tight.
Monday, 16 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And they really don't understand where the illegal firearms are coming from?
The police guy that took fingerprints at our house in Pretoria argued that I should kill intruders if I had a chance. Better even if I had a "disposable" gun that I could just wipe off. Easy to get he said... so why don't the cops do something about it, if they know where to get the guns too??? Only because they are so fucking corrupt!!
Post a Comment