SO i had a busy sturday, lots of marshalling, great fun but hard riding, and it was hot. By the time i got home i was finished, went to lie down a bit.
Woke up at 20h30 sharp. I was muggy headed, and wifeys guests were leaving and so on, truth be told i never realised i had forgotten anything.
I wasn't going to "celebrate" anyway ... strikes me as another of those mass distraction exercises our leaders seem to enjoy so much. My take is if you want to make a change, ground all pvt jets, and switch off the US military. Simple. Share a ride to work, get a bike, switch off lights, walk to the shops ... damn so many BETTER ways to make a contribution.
To stumble around in the dark for an hour means fuckall, less than. Crikey we been doing that and calling it load shedding. Except that COSTS money. go figure.
I guess awareness plays a part, but a lie to justify another lie is silly.
Anyways, the point of this post was at 20h30, some kind of energy woke me up very sharply, literally like someone switched the lights on. I wonder how much damage was done by this event to the power grids.
Monday, 30 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was also out all day in the sun-Pitbull Show - and I think I fries what's left of my brain.
Don't have many lights on after 8pm anyway, but I got up to turn off the outside ones, anyway.
Why?
I dunno, maybe on the offchance that someone, somewhere, would be able to look again on the face of the sky.
But no, it's not any kind of answer to anything.
Best we kill half the population of Earth, and leave all the fossil fuels in the ground where they belong.
Not for Global Warming, but for putting a limit on how much more damage homo sap. can do.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
Ha ha. Well, just stay tuned. I suspect that these will be enforced soon...
Post a Comment