So i tell people that when i'm riding along, my head is full of ... stuff. Music, thoughts, insights, commentaries and all sorts. And then i read THIS, and realised i really am not alone.
Following on from that article was another LINK, even better than the first.
So a few highlights:
Thought One: "I wonder how much those wing mirrors cost to replace?"
Thought Two: "Should I tear them off, punch them or just boot that mirror as I ride past?"
Through Three: "That meathead should really get new tires, driving around with them completely bald must be pretty dangerous."
Thought Four: "Oh look, he's getting out of his car. Do you think he realizes I'm wearing head-to-toe body armor and the carbon fiber equivalent of brass knuckles?"
Thought Five: "Man, car drivers are an angry people. They sure do shout into their phones a lot."
Thought Six: "It's not my fault you have to sit in traffic. In fact, by not contributing to congestion, I'm making your wait incrementally shorter. You should be thanking me."
Thought Seven: "If you like that phone so much, then why'd you make me take it from you and throw it over that barbwire fence?"
Thought Eight: "Are red lights and stop signs really that hard to see?
Thought Nine: "I wonder if there's a correspondence between road rage and Clear Channel listening?"
Thought Ten: "Diet and exercise. Diet and exercise. Diet and exercise."
Thought Eleven: [just making the sound a sheep makes inside your helmet]
Thought Twelve: "This would all be a lot easier if people just looked where they were going."
Thought Thirteen: "Good job, accelerating wildly like that netted you one place in traffic and cost you about $10 in gas."
Thought Fourteen: "You know, you don't have to sit in traffic either. Learning to ride isn't that hard."
Thought Fifteen: "Did your dad never teach you how to drive in the rain? Following that close is a really bad idea."
Thought Sixteen: "You realize that if I tear off your door/mirror/aerial/headlight/whatever, it's a matter for the insurance companies, but if you hit me, you're going to jail, right?"
Thought Seventeen: "Man, it's nice out today."
Thought Eighteen: "Let's see. 100 HP and 400 Lbs or 160 HP and 4,000 Lbs. Who's going to win this race?"
Thought Nineteen: "Wouldn't it be nice if cops wrote tickets for bad driving instead of just speeding? That way, the roads might actually be safe and stuff."
Thought Twenty: "Screw this, I'm outta here."
Wednesday, 16 May 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
"Let's see. 100 HP and 400 Lbs or 160 HP and 4,000 Lbs. Who's going to win this race?"
What is the ratio of turns to straights, and what kind of thorn bushes are growing on the fail side of the turns? Insufficient data.
I wonder about the mirrors a lot though.
Lol dude.
Standard, my bike (which is very middle range, nothing fancy) does 0-100 in 3.8 seconds.
There are just about 20 cars in the world that can do that ....
Any actual comparison occurs only in the mind of the cager :p
peace mate
Turns make a huge difference when it comes to that power-to-weight ratio on four wide wheels vs two rounded ones. Bikes (and american cars) go fast on straights, but around a turn, how much of those 3.8 seconds would be spent in a hedge?
Just playing devil's advocate. All forms of transport have their uses and their pitfalls. Saying one is better than the other is heavily dependant on the conditions of the comparison.
Of course you're perfectly correct :)
But i've yet to see a car win in traffic ;-)
It's more efficient, that's all really. Same thing to be honest - 4cyl petrol engine with rubber. Carrying around over a ton of metal everyday when 200kg would do is kind of silly lol.
Then to add an hour a day for the priviledge ... it just doesn't make sense. That's why you get road rage, because it is contrary to every thing rational ;-)
and why i can actually smile most days :D
But how else would the proles get to look up to see the three foot tall king tut presiding over everyone in their new suv? Efficiency and silliness don't come into play (clearly), because if some people don't get seen they might as well not exist.
But every time I try to evaluate a motorcycle as a form of transport, I have to think about all the times I was rocketing along on one in GTA and ended up hitting the 3rd story of some building with a flying dude.
GTA???? BWahahahahahahahah yeah dude!!!
Funny tho, in GTA i last longer on a bike than in a car!!! I've sorta watched, and it's instinctive ... wierd to be honest :)
Look, most people i know have too much money, even when they buy bikes it's a stupidly expensive and utterly impractical harley or something ... me, i got problems, and a bike is by far the best solution to my problems :)
peace
Post a Comment