Tuesday, 30 August 2011

ANC vs ANC

I love it, i completely and utterly love the chaos in joburg this morning. That being said i'm not in joburg this morning, if i were i'd probably not be so merry about it.

ANCYL members are burning ANC flags ... i cannot quite convey the exquisite joy that i feel when i watch anc members burning anc flags. It's like watching americans burn their own flag, which of course they'll never do. Would make nice pictures though.

I'm of course hoping for a complete assault by the ancyl on luthuli house, they must go in and burn the place down. Like they did to their schools, which is why they're not at school where the "youth" belongs.

I have an ancyl guy at work trying to convince me it's internal politics. I pointed out that politics is when enemies smile at each other, not when they're throwing stones, nothing political about that. And "internal"? When it's on the streets, nothing internal about it. Then he triees telling me it's "african politics", as if i'm an outsider who has no knowledge of these things. Ergo i should stay out of what i don't understand.

It's laughable, the arrogance, stupidity, self righteousness displayed by these young thugs is breath-taking, and only the idiot ancyl fails to understand what is happening. Old historians like me read this situation like a book, and we can tell you exactly where this is going. Although, to be fair, Hitler's brownshirts never attacked him directly, they were always "his" dogs. Zuma's dogs have gone rabid, but i don't think he has the balls to do anything. I'm just really pleased these stupid youngsters are attacking their own, and not others ... yet.

7 comments:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Been following it on Twitter.
Warren's at work in Newtown so I'm vaguely worried, but not too much. He's surrounded by security guards after all.

Wait, did I just say that??

Love,
T in J

david said...

Indeed you did. I would advise him to leave early today. Otherwise he'll be stuck in traffic while the idiots are running around throwing their temper tantrum.

I read your post, i'm sorry, must feel awful :( but we know the birds will find a new home, nature is stronger than us, however it may seem at times :)

peace and love Terri :)

Pstonie said...

They have a saying in some parts of the world: A fish starts rotting from the head.

david said...

Simple wisdom, completely true and especially appropriate.

Now we need someone to throw it out.

peace

Pstonie said...

I'm sure our planet's empire du joir won't mind sending a platoon or two of "peacekeepers" to make sure our country's mineral wealth stays in the "right hands".

Left to our own devices, a country with white people might just take seriously those freedoms we're always told we have, and we can't have that, now can we?

Slavedude275 said...

Hey David, long time! Julius Malema and his gang is great entertainment for me, although I'm kinda watching from the back row here in Norway. But hey, guess who's visiting? Zuma himself! The guy makes me laugh, and I can never take that guy seriously. Watching him on the news today, there was just one thing missing about him... that Zapiro shower-head above his head, LOL!

Hope you're fine though. Popping by once in a while :-)

david said...

Dude!!! Been a while :D
I keep seeing on my visitor thingy someone from the frostlands ;-)
Yeah, like a carnival sideshow, organ grinder and his monkey :)
Thanks for saying hi, hope you have a fantastic day!
peace