So in my internet surfing i occasionally stop by a very interesting website. I'll wander around for a bit and decide it needs to be featured in my blog. I then leave it until a suitable time, during which it's another window open in my browser. Sometimes for weeks on end.
This is one of those. I've covered crop circles before, and how a company claims to make them (all?). But there's a question as to how advanced it can get. I mean wood and ropes in the middle of the night? Making binary code messages hinting at many things. I don't know, i still think that crop circles are just the wierdest things on earth.
http://www.cropcircleresearch.com/articles/arecibo.html
Read it, some astounding correlations and oddities are presented.

10 comments:
Ah! And about bloody time.
Thanks for this.
Love,
Terr in Joburg
LOL, hope you enjoyed it ;-)
peace
Oh Shit. I meant to comment under the Crimethinc article.
I haven't got any fixed beliefs about the crop circles.
Ahhhhhhh
thought you recognised your friends in that message ;-)
You know of this group then?
I received a very prompt mail back when i waved hi, but not as much info onlne as i would have hoped.
Apparently the anarchists picnics are no longer happening, only the bombs not food part.
peace
I know a couple of 'em, yes. I don't know why the picnics aren't happening, but I'd guess that it's really really hard to get anarchists together at the same time for anything short of mayhem.
Ok, well i understand that, about archists.
But a mallpart of me wishes that we could, you know, have open picnics and stuff.
But this is from me, who shudders to leave my front gate for anything.
peace and love
Crop circles? Srsly? And you nominate yourself in the science category for the SA blog awards?
Doug & Dave started the whole thing. Various people have taken up the hobby since. Not weird or mysterious. http://www.skepdic.com/cropcirc.html
A couple of jokers with ropes and boards in the dead of night leaving neither footprints nor trace of actually touching the stems? No. Only an idiot would believe that. Would be fun, but could never withstand the scrutiny.
Dig further back in my archives, i actually found a company that does it professionally.
About that sablog thing? I did no such thing.
The only claim i make to science is the wonder of God's creation.
peace
Oh, sigh. So you find the hypothesis that human beings are ingenious less plausible than the hypothesis that extraterrestrials travel preposterous distances to leave markings in wheat? Really? Despite the fact that we have videos of people making incredibly intricate circles? Despite the existence of Photoshop?
Also: God does not exist. You know, FYI.
*shrug* you assume to quickly.
Humans yes. A couple of pranksters no.
Funny you should say that, Nietzche said the same.
He was wrong too.
Post a Comment