Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Only a dream

I was lanesplitting, suddenly the front started wobbling. To my left, cars, enough space but close to each other front and back, to my right a bus. The bus was in the fast lane of 3. I figured that the front tyre had blown.

I couldn't touch the front brakes, and couldn't slow down, the bike would have wobbled me off just in time for the busses back wheel. I give throttle, ride it out, and swerve in front of the bus, just missing it. 

I fall safely off my bike in the yellow lane at low speed into the gravel and roadside crud. I watch the bus ride away, i see my bike, it's new gashes and crumples and scrapes. I'm fine, probably.

It was only a dream. Last night.

6 comments:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

A major aspect of your life feels out of control. But fear not - you have the knowledge to ride it out. You will not be harmed.

By the way, isn't it your birthday?

Love,
Terri in Joburg

Anonymous said...

Mmmm thanks you.
I suspected as much, but was a wierdly real dream. Just, i could feel my thoughts, and the gravel ;-)
I don't usually remember dreams though, and i don't like playing chicken with busses. hehe

Shhh who told you? its a lie ... an elaborate hoax to make me appear human.I'm not, got no belly button either ... prove it :P

thanks ;-)
peace and love

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Happy belated birthday to you, then.

As for your dream... well, it could have some subconscious meaning. On the other hand, it could be random elements from your mind that got cut and pasted together.

I've always felt that dreams are little more than the usual thought processes that clutter up the human mind. The only difference is, while we sleep, we're not actively receiving input from the outside world and therefore cannot distinguish our thoughts from perceptive stimulus.

Just a theory, of course.

Anonymous said...

Thank you instrument :)

It's a bit of both i think, you see, in dreaming, your "vehicle" is very symbolic of your life in general. And what happens has alegorical meaning too.

Must admit, front end blowout while lanesplitting is one of the worst things that could happen ... but not something i wory about too much.

We see :) You know, it's the precognitive aspects of draming that i truly HATE!!

peace ;-)

irondad said...

Only in a dream do we fall safely and gracefully off a bike in front of a bus in the gravel!

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehehehehe
too true :D
have to mention though, in ou marshalling, there were the elite amongst us who have played chicken with trucks, and won :D
peace to you