Friday, 20 July 2007

Hey hey it's friday!!!!!!

Today is a good day. I affirm it.

Started the day at Kopdood. Now i can imagine the "huh?" expression already. Apparently a long time ago there were some bikers. they had coffee every friday morning at about 7. A tannie approached them shivering in jo'burgs cold and asked if they are kopdood (head-dead). To which they replied ... yes.

Anyway every friday morning a bunch of guys get together for coffee and kuier. The Think Bike guys have the bright yellow vests on ... no you really can't miss them if your eyes are open. Bikers. REAL bikers. In the sense that they ride day night winter summer and on weekends for fun.

And in a very realy way, bike riding is a world view. To get on a bike daily, you have to re-assess you entire way of doing things. While it has a lot of advantages, it is not convenient, as such. Most guys are like me, steady family men, who hold good positions in companies etc. But all without exception have one major difference ... attitude.

I was told once i have an attitude problem .... nononono ... i have an attitude ... no problem :)
Attitude is good, and i'm not talking arrogant. Arrogance stinks, arrogance=stupidity. Attitude is something else entirely, something along the lines of: BRING IT ON.

I'm a grown man, to everyones surprise. But the role of MEN and issues of MANHOOD are sorely overlooked in modern society. Hence all the fucked up men women are always meeting (they are not men, they are little boys with big muscles).
I am talking Primal here, in the true hunter sense. A man has to feel it, it's still in his blood. As it was in the stone days ... it's me vs world, that hasn't changed even a little.

Real men know this instinctively, having kids and wifey helps to understand this. And once they acknowledge this, human spirit takes over.

I love the human spirit, so battered of late. Those men in ships sailing towards the worlds end, wanderers and adventurers SALUT!!!!!
It is this spirit that pervades biking, you FEEL it in your blood.

I have a passion. I have a motorbike.

No comments: