Friday, 5 October 2012
Arundhati Roy
"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget. " -
Arundhati Roy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I only just read her "God of Small Things" a couple of months ago.
Sometimes, I feel I have missed a whole lot of culture.
Love,
T in J
Here's where i ask if you lend books out :)
Every time i see her name, it's connected with miraculous thoughts and feelings, true humanism.
peace and love all day :D
Absolutely not!
Few bad apples spoiled the whole book-lending thing for me.
However..I picked that one up at an Exclusive Books recently.So it's not all lost :)
Love,
T in J
Spoken like a true book lover :D
I'll go investigorate :) although i never buy books there, ever. I'm a second hand bookshop kinda guy :)
peace and love T
Post a Comment