“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
– Plato
Tuesday, 21 June 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No man is an island, Entire of itself. Each is a piece of the continent, A part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less. As well as if a promontory were. As well as if a manner of thine own Or of thine friend’s were. Each man’s death diminishes me, For I am involved in mankind. Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee.
6 comments:
and while you might think people have abandoned you, people might think you have abandoned them...
sorry... had to add to it.
S
mmmmmmmmm Soul
For someone so far away for so long, we're here, you're there ... nobody has abandoned anyone.
Just walking a different path for a while :)
The kids are having a bring and braai tomorrow, you'd be welcome to join our path for the afternoon ;-)
peace and love
yes,thats what I try keep telling myself :-P seemed like something good to add to your quote.
lol - going to a bitterly cold kiddies party tomorrow, which i'm not looking forward to, but have to go, cause its a family thing.
Send love ok?
Lol, ok. So tomorrow is universal kids icy birthday party day ?
I'll do so :)
peace and love
This is such a true thought. I find myself less quick to judge as I don't know what burden people are carrying around.
I angered a guy the other day. He was putting a person of Latin origin down for their bad English. I happen to know enough Spanish to get by.
Anyway, I turned to the tormenter and asked him how many languages he spoke. Of course, it was just the one.
"And here you're putting someone down who knows TWO languages?"
It's all perspective, isn't it?
We have english and afrikaans mainly, but we have 11 official languages here, it's common to find people who can speak maybe 5 or 6 fluently.
Nice thing about being kind is, don't need to speak the same tongue, a smile will usually do fine.
peace and love irondad
Post a Comment