Monday, 10 January 2011

Perspective

Whenever i find a new object or situation, i try approach it with an empty mind. Of course i have ideas, i just try ignore them until i get the ideas inherent in the object i'm looking at. Then i see what it is, and what it does, and can evaluate it according to those values. It possibly needs repair, or adaptations, to suit "my" purposes, but essentially i leave things as they are, and i'm happy to have some aspect of it that seems incongruent, having aspects of life that are not perfect is par for the course ... but on the whole it will remain as it is, with me changing to suit it, which is often easier than trying to change it.

When the wife approaches an object or situation, she sees it "as it should be" ... according to standards and expectations of her own. She then proceeds to change it and everything around it, until the object is "as it should be". Perfection is a requirement, and any incongrueties are dealt with ruthlessly.

So i get a runalong concept that works, with little involvement.

She gets perfection, at whatever price.

I'm not going to bother going deeper than that, i couldn't anyway, this kind of comparison is enough to bend the mind, and i'm bent enough as it is thank you. Just thought it important somehow, or merely noteworthy. I don't believe there's a "better" in this anywhere, just an "other". They are opposing ideals, and effectively colour any activity with their tones.

4 comments:

Soul said...

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I read it, and it made me think of that personality test I told you about a couple times before. I think I've given up on getting you to check it out & I'm almost certain clever people like Pstonie would have some random conspiracy theory type thought on this (Pstonie, I don't mean to diss you, I just half the time have no idea what your rambling about - My bad! I'm sorry).

David, your decription of how YOU see things, and how the WIFEY sees things, kinda, really makes me think of this personality thing. I'm almost certain that if you do happen to read the stuff on the MBTI test etc. you will see exactly what you just described in your blog post.

Try the above link. You & the wifey. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Just letting yah know I'm still around
:-)

S

david said...

I'm really pleased you're still around :)
I've no doubt these differences can me measured and quantified, the problem remains first identifying, and secondly resolving.
Such small differences are almost impossible to correct though, because of our subject/object approach to the world.
Having a look at it now, i'll send to wifey too, thanks.
You have an awesome day
peace and love

irondad said...

I think it's important to keep an open mind. With preconceived ideas we tend to miss a chance for growth and learning. Be quiet and let the situation speak to us.

The mistake some ( not you all,of course ) people make, though, is that they have such an open mind their brains have fallen out!

david said...

Then we're agreed irondad ...

LOL ... i think i'm more guilty of that than i'd admit to here!!!

peace ;-)