Thursday, 4 November 2010

Photos

So i don't have photo's, here are a few thousand words to make up for it ....

No, not really. I was sick recently, stomach bug or something. A good equaliser i think. Back to: you're just an organism mate, eat, be eaten, and sometimes just be borrowed a bit. Without permission of course. I'd be happy if my son hadn't caught it next. Sometimes you feel guilty for something you had no control over, know what i mean?

The photo: So i get home early, and the kids go swim. So i fetch my youngest from the creche earlier than usual. Seeing she didn't join her siblings outside, i go looking. I was inside looking out the window, and i see my little girl playing in the mud. Yup, sand, water, sticks for digging and mixing, and a purposeful air reminiscent of a master alchemist. I was transfixed. To be four years old, and absolutely enthralled with mud, all alone and happy. I can't do that anymore!! ... neither can you ...

Stranger still to think that some parents discourage their kids playing in the mud ... i cannot conceive of the mental processes required to come to a conclusion like that? I willingly fetched water, but declined to dig more mud out for her ROFL!!

Had a long chat with my son about stuff too. Got a very perceptive brain that young boy. His conclusions are often startling, not only for accuracy, but also for out the box, his thinking hasn't been malformed yet, so you still get true naivity and sometimes obvious connections that you overlook.

My eldest daughter is a teenager now. I've moved her to the spare bathroom, where she can remain until passing university.

3 comments:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

That last sentence reminds me of Heinlein's recommendation that all teenage boys should be raised inside a barrel and fed through the bunghole until they were 18 - when the bung was hammered in.
Love,
T in J

david said...

Oh yes!!!!
Mr Heinlein was a very wise man!!
*grin*
peace and love :D

david said...

Although, watching my daughter play in the mud, reminded me of a quote from a book, a guy who spent a year on an island as an experiment.
He related how him and his companion marvelled at the mud which produced all the wonderful fruit they could enjoy. And how each fruit was different, although having come from the same mud.
wonderful!