Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Meet Ziggy

Ziggy is my friend. As you can see, Ziggy is a Grey Lourie, very common around here. Ziggy is the most sociable grey lourie in the world.



Ziggy is king of the ... well everything ...



He's almost a year old now, rescued as a chick after being cat prey, hand reared by some friends who have moved on. He spends most of his day in his cage, but evenings he is let out, and he'll fly around the house investigating us, and looking for any bits to eat. Apples are his staple, but almost anything gets tried. Toast is a surprising favourite, and leaves.

4 comments:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

He's beautiful.
There's a young Pied crow which seems to be in some distress which has been perching on the cellphone mast here at work, cawing loudly and then diving at me.
Also, I just finished the book Corvus by Esther Woolfson,which tells of her life with housebound Rooks, Magpies and Crows, in Glasgow.
Very synchronous, thank you.

Love,
T in J

david said...

Well apart from your attention, i wonder what he wants?
Birds are a strange pet, very messy, and obviously difficult to keep in, and you can't have cats. But on the interactive scale they're a 10 without doubt.

peace and love

Aquila ka Hecate said...

I have a friend who has a cat (a Russian Blue) and a bird (also some kind of Blue...err...I can't remember but it's in the parrot family), and they get on famously. Probably because the cat is 16 years old.

The Pied Crow hasn't shown up today. I also wondered what he wanted, and would I have been able to do anything about it anyway?

Love,
T in J

david said...

Um no, it's because a parrot is capable of tearing a kitty cat to shreds, parrots can be mean lol.

Well i hope he's ok ...

peace