Thursday, 31 December 2009

Cough

Yes, i've been doing a lot of that lately, the meds seem to be helping though, let's see how it goes.

The merc is hurt, as i'm going through checks and such, one thing another is not as it should be. Running a little hot, so let's just check the thermostat, perhaps it's been gunged up. So as i'm taking the bolts out, one breaks, sheared bolts are a nightmare. I manage to get the two halfs apart, leaving a short bit if the bolt to try work with. Alas no, the bolt had been GLUED in. No wonder i couldn't get it out. At this point i can now investigate the thermostat. There isn't one. 

I am getting a thermostat before day out, and we're going to see if we can get a new housing too, it's bady worn. I had the one carb open yesterday too, despite having been completely overhauled, the floater was not working properly, and i had petrol spewing all over the engine. 

I have to add something here though. I'm doing all the donkey work, but without a father in law on the phone 2/3 times a day, my own father helping with advice and know how, and other friends who are passionate enough to help any way they can, i would still be stuck.

I'm off now to go finish the fence, and make additional re-inforcing the the gate. It's sagging from the weight. Once i've put it all together, we'll paint is white, so it matches the walls, should also help stop the wood from degrading too fast. Then just tidying up, i've made quite a mess so far!!

A quick news flash though, from motoring.co.za.

The gist is that speed cameras have a negative affect on driving, and that the removal of those cameras actually improves the levels of driving. Go figure. 

Lol peace and love, and no auld lang syne ok? It's not good. But look out for the blue moon. Enjoy crazy time :D

No comments: