Friday, 9 October 2009

World map

So ever map i have ever seen is a landmass map. But we know that's not really right is it? To some degree, at least. You can see where there is human habitation, roads and grey industrial areas and suburbs.

What i am always looking for in a map is where the people aren't. That is where i focus my interest, for hours at a time just soaking up the nothingness via paper. I have a very good imagination, all my teachers agreed on THAT.

So may i present my favourite map of South Africa ...



You can get more from www.worldmapper.org and you can select any region.

4 comments:

Pstonie said...

Although if people flee when trouble breaks out initially they're going to get slaughtered on the highways, which will become blocked very quickly. People who try to hole up in gated communities are going to become trapped and killed like dogs.

I feel that anyone's best bet is to be far away from any cities or middle class communities when the proverbial shit jumps off, because they probably don't have enough weapons.

Anonymous said...

MMMMM
Partly ... i won't have the option of going anywhere. Neither will most others. The highways WILL become very dangerous.
The best bet is to defend your own home. Weapons WOULD help :/
R200 per AK i hear ...
peace

Pstonie said...

"Six people have been arrested after blocking roads and pelting a police van with stones during a service delivery protest in Palm Ridge near Katlehong."

It's getting ugly out there and there's lots of rain forecast for the coming weeks. If it floods probably millions of people will be homeless in an instant. They're not going to be happy about that.

Pstonie said...

One other thing is that we should actually be thankful to the ANC for everything they've done. I'm kind of beginning to realise that the only thing worse than having a black government would be having a white one.

If the SA government had any control over its citizens when the international faecal matter hit the rotating blades, we would probably be just as screwed as anyone else on the planet will be. Not that I think we'll have it easy, but instead of getting gassed and tortured by our own governments we get to fight the third Boer war.

The story of Southern Africa will be completed even better than by the singular civil war that I felt was coming, but I don't think there'll be much need to write novels after this is all over.

I might be wrong.