So i made my own toothpaste, since shop bought was obviously not doing much. After 1 weekend my teeth are NOTICABLY cleaner, and feel better too. I gave it to my family, without any warnings, just here, try this.
All were surprinsingly enthusiastic about it. Baby took about 2 seconds to pull te toothbrush out her mouth and told me "it's nice".
I'm stunned really. So simple easy and frankly obvious, why haven't i done this years ago?
Simple: Bicarbonate of soa, about 1 teaspoon, mix with a similar amount glycerine. 2 generous pinches of salt, and thats about it. I've added cinammon, which is also a good anti-bacterial, and a drop of honey, because i can, because it adds flavour and well hey why not.
I got some peppermint essence, i'd prefer oil but of course you can't find it in the shops, i'll have to dig. So i am now a toothpaste manufacturer, cool huh?
Try it.
Monday, 14 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I will try it!
I'm also going to stock up on licqorice sticks (the plant, not the candy) as tooth brushes. Enough of this plastic already.
Love,
Terri in Joburg
Mmmmmm ... ok
Once i have removed the root system, in my little garden i'll look into that :)
I'm with you, enough of this plastic!!!
peace and loveses all over you
Do you just put it into a container and dip your toothbrush? Or did you save all the old empty tubes and spend days refilling them? :)
I put mine into one of those little water jugs they throw at you with your steam iron, IronDad. :)
I made some up, last night - but, being a lover of cinnamon, I put way too much of that spice in. I now have a dark brown mixture for toothpaste.
But yes, so far (after rinsing very well)it seems to be doing the job.
Love,
T
Hahaha ... just the thought!!!
Nope IronDad ... my mom is a tupperware sales lady, no kidding. So we have more of that stuff than we can use :)
Anyhow, just a small pill container (i think is what it's meant for) does the trick. You only use about a small pea sixed amount.
Yup Terri, the article i read ... i'll go dig, mentioned that cinnamon should be used sparingly. *grin* but no matter!
peace and love
HOLD TH PEPPERMINT STUFF.
It doesn't work too well *ROFL*
Um, tastes yuck. Not sure why or how.
And of course, being full of myself, i made a lot.
*grin*
peace and love :)
I made some more up last night, just glycerine, bicarb and a little salt - no flavourings.
I can stand it.
Love,
T
It's hardy a bad flavour to be honest. I've gotten used to using salt as a mouthwash.
I guess it's for te kids, who have (obviously) rejected this latest effort :) (all i can say is i deserved it!!!)
But they are learning, THAT is worth more than these broken teeth of mine :)
Post a Comment