Monday, 28 September 2009

911

OK so i need to post, something anything i guess. As ever, so much to say, which comes first, last, not at all?

Now a lot has happened in the news, from the sublime to the ridiculous. And while there is much that impacts me, and us, i feel no desire to say anything about it.

Remarkably little in my personal life, except teeth and pain. They have become synonymous in my mind :)

There is a small series of incidences worth mentioning though, and i hesitate to mention it, due to the "nut factor" involved ... i offer only as a small personal experience, true to myself and myself alone.

So i have a cell phone, as most of us do, except mine is problematic, and annoying, so mostly it lies in a corner with it's power off. It's useful for two things mostly, telling time, since i do not wear a watch, and reporting to me who has tried to contact me.

So in a typical day, i'll maybe look at the phone 3 times maximum. So imagine my surprise, when 4 times in one week, i pick up the phone, and it shows me the time as, you guessed it, 9:11.

I've read about this phenomenon, and as i said, it carries a nut factor. But what do you do, when you pick up the phone at night, and it says 911, and the next morning, cheking sms's, you notice it says 9:11. When it happens four times in one week, well that is strange, strange for any time, if it had said 9h15 every time, it would be as strange. But it hasn't been something arbitrary, it's been 911, the magic numbers.

I have no opinion on this. I am very specifically not having an opinion. Due a google search on this phenomenon, there is plenty about it. The fact that i experienced it is well ... odd.

Peace and love

3 comments:

Pstonie said...

It's a plot device in The Machinist, where the main character continuously observes 1:30.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Good job braxsie - I was going to give you a couple more days, then call out the Mounties.

On the 9:11 phenomenon, I've got the shamanic equivalent. I keep getting 3:33. :)

The materialists will tell you that it's all down to selective memory reinforcement - you're only noticing the peculiar times, and really you're just forgetting all the other times you looked at the clock and the time wasn't an outstanding number. This may hold true quite a bit - I'm sure it does in my case, and I'm aware of it.
But I know that the skeptical explanation doesn't cover all bases, and you may well be experiencing something..well...wierd.
The Diet Soap podcast had an interesting episode up on the whole 911 business, and C-Realm podcast also gave it a nod, as well as Shamanic Freedom Radio. I listened to all these on the weekend, and remain unconvinced of anything.

But you did pitch up in a dream I had two nights ago.

Love,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the responses :)

This is a recognised phenomenon, and frankly it's happened before that i have written it off to selective memory enforcement.

But again, look at the time, 8h35, plug phone into charger, go start installing windows, have a joint, make coffee, and go check phone, 9h11. hen it happened just by accident the night before ... well
...

I keep thinking of .... one of shakespeares plays, where the characters flip a coin and keep coming up heads. Something is awry with the universe.

This has actually worked into the simpsons i think (?) here the clock is always 9h11. Just well, cos they can.

peace