Hey!! They happened. Yawn.
I just found about about them, didn't even know they were there. Ah well, so much for being enlightened and informed. Curiously, 1 blog won all 6 categories. I never like it when that happens.
Congrats to http://www.2oceansvibe.com/, the blog that won it all.
Moving swiftly along, it seems one of the judges wasn't entirely comfortable either, not with the blog, but, with blogging standards in South Africa. Very limited scope it seems.
Puhlease had this to say:
I’m not disagreeing with this blog winning the SA Blog of the Year; I actually think it’s well deserved: it’s popular, well-supported and hugely appreciated by its woolly-headed fans. Just like Jacob Zuma is.
But, I have to say that I agree that it’s an indictment on South African blogging when the best blog - the very best - we can present to the world is one that recycles all the usual Internet flotsam and jetsam, and presents it as if it’s something new and original.
Now THAT is very well said. Blogs are unique and individual, as such i can't really say this is right, or that is wrong, but it should be creative, and HOPEFULLY different. We have a huge problem in South Africa and that is POPULARITY. Everything is a popularity contest, from the presidency downwards and frankly that is retarded.
Like a bunch of monkeys agreeing on who smells best. *shrug*
Nothing wrong with Oceans2vibe, kinda cute, except for the UK lottery stickers all over, that alone would deter me from going there, ever. I found a nice link there: http://www.zigzag.co.za/ surfing stuff :D some nice wallpapers too.
Perhaps i'm suffering from a similar malady? I don't think so, but then maybe ... a lot of blogs i find are also depressingly self centred, each post regurgitating the trivial of each day, but i suspect that's a female thing ;-)
And while i'm putting this post together, i notice that HBLOG's Heather Ford is a writer for Global Voices, on my blogroll.
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hmmm, I vote for your blog. I love to read your stuff, I jsut can't always comment... :(
Thanks lady :)
I think we ALL need positive feedback to some degree ;-)
i can't always comment either, so no worries ;-)
peace
Post a Comment