Stayed with me just long enough, for afternoon tea
And she told me a story, yesterday
About the love between the moon, and the deep blue sea
And when it was time for her to go
She spread her wings high over me
And she said, "I shall return tomorrow"
And i said "fly on by, sweet angel
Fly on through the sky
Fly on by sweet angel
Tomorrow I will be by your side"
Sure enough, next morning comes to me
Silver wings silhouette against the glow
Of a child's sunrise
And my angel, she says unto me
"Today is the day, today you shall fly
She kissed me once, and a feeling so good it made me cry
Now, we fly together ...
And I said, "Fly on my sweet angel
Fly on through the sky
Fly on my sweet angel
Forever I will be by your side"

No comments:
Post a Comment