I know i've posted already today, but i found this and still can't stop laughing.
http://www.osbm.co.za/
OUR OBJECTIVES
To become the ultimate reference to the definition of biking in Southern Africa
To protect and promote the old school biking traditions, protocols and lifestyle
To provide a platform for those who are in agreement with OSBM objectives
To guide and educate those seeking to define themselves
To eventually compile a database of respected MC, MCC's
And of course, on their patch stands FIFO ... fit in or fuck off. How quaint. I would include an image of their patch, but fuck them.
I should explain myself, since it all appears very ... normal i guess. It's all about control, about who is the top dog of baaikers in south africa. There are a whole bunch of president's councils, presidents councils councils, and other associations which serve as an excuse to drink on weeknights. You have thinkbike, which is a complete flop in terms of positively affecting anything at all, (except hospital visits, Boesman does astonishing work in that dept), and you have importers and manufacturers associations like amid, all trying to jostle their way to the top of the dungheap.
I notice that some of the main okes are ex think bike too ... so they're admitting that tb is a failure, they rubbished the brand, and now create brand after brand after brand, all trying to "educate the uninformed", most likely over a beer. They talk about "respect" and "honour" and such high faluting ideas, but only for people who give THEM their "dues" and conform to their "standards".
"PROCEDURAL GUIDELINES TO START A NEW CLUB
When you have determined what type of club you want to start (see above), you need to make contact with the local Council or Association. You need to do this so that they can assist you.
Old School bikers understand biking traditions and protocols. They ask permission from their Brothers if they want to do anything that will involve the other Brothers. That goes for starting new clubs as well. Less experienced Brothers should seek and follow the advice of their more experienced Brothers."
Sounds like the fucking taxman don't it? Come here so we can help you with your anal virginity problem. This fucking posturing and preening like a bunch of peacocks is revolting. It's all about the jol, and the crowd, and the popularity, and status, and has nothing to do with anything else of value. Old boys club for the common man, as run by the wealthier among them for their own egotism. Just like freemasonry, except the bitch can play with if she keeps her mouth shut.
Fit in or fuck off ... thankfully I don't fit in with them. I am not one of them. Never will be.
Friday, 10 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
As someone who has been doing a lot of cycling lately (admittedly in the best conditions), expecting -20% intelligence from all other road users has worked out rather well for me so far.
I noticed the bicycle on a thinkbike sticker for the first time the other day. I guess they're teaching people how not to fall off or something?
Fit in or Think for Yourself
ROFL at think for yourself, very nice!!!
Ya, the bicycle was also a nice idea that went wrong somewhere, ego's i think. Of course, i DID try get cars, bikes and bicycles together on one day, and failed miserably, they're not interested ... none of them. More interested in their own myopic realms.
Good luck with cycling though, i'll happily admit it's more dangerous than motorbiking.
peace :)
Very draconian... I choose to however not let it bother me... I'm not a biker, never was, never will be...
Infact... I've gone so far as to erase anything and everything related from my books. I'm much happier not trying to fit in... I like the "f-off" part...
S
*smile* i couldn't expect anything else from your good self.
PS, i saw some very complimentary comments regarding the "old" newsletter" LOL ... your input IS missed ;-)
And yeah, you shouldn't fit in ... much too special for that!
peace and love
lol - it's good to know my "26 year old, that knows nothing about business or corporates" self's input is missed. But I won't waist it again on organisations like that.
and tks for the compliment :-P
ditto
S
Good Article About OSBM
Thanks Stacy!
peace
Post a Comment