This is quoted from TB, by Nunique.
I will never be able to look at this date in any other way
This morning I woke up knowing of possibly 13 riders that had died on our roads yesterday, this morning while following up on 3 of the unconfirmed accidents I was told that the death toll for bikers on our roads yesterday is standing on
16
WTF This is just way to many I mean seriously in the year that I've been doing the Fallen Wall - the worst I have come across has been 9 in a weekend not in one day. These are all as a result of motorcycle accident, I can't tell you who was at fault but gathered from discussions I've had with people that are more clued up than me at least 80% of them are as a result of rider negligence.
GUYS PLEASE THIS IS A PLEAD FROM A WIFE, A MOTHER, A DAUGHTER, AN AUNT, A FRIEND.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THINK BEFORE GETTING ON YOUR BIKE WE ARE CURRENTLY OUR OWN WORST ENEMY AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE IF WE DO NOT START THINKING ABOUT THE HURT WE WILL CAUSE BY BEING SELFISH.
So many people I've spoken to who have lost family and friends as a result of biking accidents say even though they hate to admit but that the riders were speeding or drinking before the accident happened.
THINK ABOUT YOUR FAMILY!!!
STAY ALIVE!!!
______________________________________
Respect again to Nunique Of Fallenbikers.co.za.
Monday, 10 October 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Saturday morning Warren and I narrowly missed being wiped out by a complete zombie heading into oncoming traffic. Within the hour, we'd witnessed two more possibly fatal accident aftermaths and countless examples of terrible, terrible driving.
We were also like WTF?
Love,
T in J
... countless examples of terrible, terrible driving.
As saddened as i am, there is NOTHING surprising about any of this. It's all very inevitable.
I didn't touch the bike this weekend, starting to be a good habit.
peace and love and safe travels T
Comment via email:
just read your blog post
what a buzz kill
we're celebrating Mia's safe arrival on Saturday
the joy, hope and potential that comes with a new life
the boss's excitement at his first grand baby
and now all I'm thinking is all that joy, hope and
potential lost
fathers who will never see their kids grow up
who will never be grandparent
children who will grow up in single parent families and
not through a choice of the surviving parent either
families that have been ripped to shreds because
of a massive series of fails
the riders failure to think and be responsible
the driver who didn't see him or hers failure to observe
the list goes on and on but to me the biggest fail
of the lot is
the safety campaigns
WTF are they not working
oh wait I know they were spouting biker
safety beer in hand on some brekkie run or other
doing exactly the opposite of what they preach
I wonder if they're proud of themselves on days
like this when it becomes so obvious what a failure
they are
There is so much more I could say
And then you wonder why I am so insistent
about reminding you to be safe out there and
about telling you how I feel
I never know when it could be the last time I do
and that is a regret I for one refuse to live with
So yeah guess what I'm about to tell you
I need tequila :oP
__________________________
I agree, no bikes involved, just a lot of tequila.
Post a Comment